The French provincial style house at 5260 North Meridian Street was constructed in 1929 and 1930 by architect-builder Henry L. Simons. A 1930 Indianapolis Star article describes the 5260 North Meridian H. L. Simons home in considerable detail. According to the newspaper description, the exterior is covered with sandstone from Briar Hill, Indiana, and limestone from Bedford, Indiana, was used for the surrounds of the entrance, windows, and a balcony on the façade. Inside, visitors find themselves in a handsome stair hall, circular in shape. A curving stairway with landing leads up to the second floor. The stairway is lined with a wrought iron balustrade ornamented with bronze figures representing seahorses and lions, created by Giosco & Company, artisans in metals. The floor of the stair hall is travertine stone from Italy. This was the project of St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild Decorators’ Show House and Gardens in 2016. Our challenge was to restore the entryway to to its past glory, yet appeal to today's sensibilities.